My Bag For Landscape Photography | Lowepro Whistler 450 AW
" What camera bag do you use for landscape photography? "
A few of you have asked about the bag I use for landscape photography so I decided to make a video about it. Some of you had more questions so I grabbed a few photos to explain it better.
I'm not sponsored by Lowepro so these are my opinions, this is just my way of saying cheers for subscribing to my YouTube channel. If you have any questions feel free to comment below or on the YouTube video
- Carry a lot of camera equipment
- Carry clothing/gear for being up in the mountains
- Pretty waterproof
- Has a sweet holder on the belt
- Camera gear is inside a hardish case. I hit the deck whilst walking down Pillar. I took a few rocks out with my neck and hurt my leg but there are no marks on the bag and the cameras were fine
- Strong enough to put up with some abuse
- Annoyingly heavy - Not too heavy, but you know it's there.
- The dividers are quite rigid, I can't fit the 135mm with the lens hood fitted backwards. It fits upside down though like in the videos so it's not a big issue
Outside the bag
Plenty of straps to attach equipment
What fits in the bag?
Main compartment : Canon 5diii with 24-70 2.8ii. Canon 70d with 10-20mm F4-5.6. Canon 135mm F2.0 . Rode Video Mic pro, Lee Filters, Hoya Cpl Filters , Lens cloths, Trigger release
Landscape and Wildlife combination bag
Main compartment : Canon 5diii with 24-70 2.8ii. Canon 7dii with 135mm F2.0 . Canon 400mm F5.6 . Lee Filters. Hoya Cpl Filters. Lens cloth. Trigger release
- Lens cleaning stuff
- Layers - hoodies, tops, coats
- Gorilla Pod
For sunset/rise trips I also put a torch in this compartment
- Sweets (Very important)
- Rain proof coat
- Wind proof coat
- Built in rain cover for the bag
Straps and other things you might want to see
What I used before
A walking bag my neighbour gave me with a side bag from a old camera that my friend gave me. I've got away with not buying a bag for about 5 years so that's why I splashed out this time.
The big bag is now full of sandbags and weights and I use it to train my legs. Maybe soon I'll stop bitching about how heavy the new bag is.